Posts tagged personal.
- it’s probably not a good thing that every time i manage even the tiniest bit of kindness towards someone i’m not close to, i’m completely shocked.
- you really don’t need to go out of your way to attack someone just because you don’t like them. grow up, children. i don’t even do that to people who would deserve it in a BIG way, and i’m a bitch 99.9% of the time. if i can refrain, so can the rest of you.
- what the fuck is this weather all about? chance of snow? fuck you.
- little brother and his girlfriend are having a kid this september. wut.
- new best friend: otitis media. come on now. this is getting tiresome.
- giving my liver a two-week break from alcohol. no such plans in the works as far as caffeine goes. ever.
- my ovaries are just fucking with me at this point. can i have a hysterectomy, please? ablation? i’m not picky.
- i’m about to fall asleep at my desk.
holy shit, i just talked to my brother and realized we haven’t had a real conversation since thanksgiving. i don’t think we’ve ever gone that long without talking before. i miss the hell outta that little bastard but i gotta say, he sounds pretty stoked about spending christmas with this girl of his and it’s fucking ADORABLE. i’d just like to know when the fuck he got to be so grown up. it’s insane.
janis joplin - piece of my heart
when i was a kid, before auditions for some show they were doing at school, my dad bought me this book of sheet music that he liked and i remember him telling me how much he loved listening to janis joplin back in the day. this was one of the first songs i remember him introducing me to beyond the stuff you’d usually want to put in front of a kid. i remember listening to so much great music with him and it was always ours. janis, jimi hendrix, the beatles, all of this stuff that i never would have been into otherwise- i couldn’t have been any more than eight or so. i ended up singing something by mariah carey for the show, which i’m sure made my poor father want to die a little bit, but he never did say so. my girlfriend, the only person in the world i’ve ever been able to love as much as my dad, says i sing like janis. it’s funny which parts of your life fit together that way.
i was just talking to my girlfriend about this yesterday, but i’m finding myself extremely annoyed still given the fact that some people seem to need a good punch in the face, or possibly a reality check. or both, whatever.
if you can make your life better in some way and you’re not doing it, YOU ARE A WHINY LITTLE ATTENTION WHORE AND DESERVE NO SYMPATHY. ZERO. FROM ANYONE. i don’t care what your problem is if you’re not trying to fix it. if you’re going to just sit around complaining and telling everyone you’d like to find out how cold the water is at the bottom of the delaware memorial bridge, for example (not that i know anyone who said that…) and you’re not trying to change a damn thing, why should anyone go out of their way to try and make your life better? if you’re too lazy or indifferent to do it, why should someone else do it for you? when people make an effort and things are still crap, it sucks. i can understand being upset in that case. sitting idly and whining about your misery just makes you look like an emo 12-year-old. please grow up.